- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 07-03-2018
~~Creating Healthy Canadians, eh?!? Article of the week July 3 to 6, 2018
Happy Canada Day-week everyone! I hope you all survived the scorching weekend heat and had some fun celebrating living in the best country in the world (although Trump might not agree!).
Last Tuesday at the office we had a full house at our intermittent fasting workshop. I was impressed with not only the turnout but also the sincere interest of the attendants and the great questions and discussion that ensued. I know there are a number of you who wanted to attend but had a conflict, so I intend to repeat the workshop sometime later in the year.
For those of you looking to attend our next workshop, I want to give you a few bullet points of some of the things that we talked about:
• Intermittent Fasting has health benefits for everyone, not just those looking to lose weight and it is something that I incorporate into my health regimen
• Fasting can be done in many different ways, and it doesn't have to be scary or painful, or excessively long
• Even short fasts, such as reducing your eating window to 8 hours a day can have health benefits
• Research confirms that achieving a healthy body weight will reduce mortality (help you live longer) and morbidity (help you avoid a life of sickness, disability and pain)
• The old weight loss paradigm of “eat less, move more” has failed miserably, and 97% of people who lose weight on calorie-restricted diets have gained it all back and more within the next 3 years
• The old food pyramid recommendations have been shown to be completely counter-productive in successful weight loss – for years we have been told to get most of our calories from carbohydrates (grains, breads, starches) and a minimal amount of calories from fat
• Research has shown that a ketogenic diet (a diet high in healthy fats) is the most health promoting and the solution to long-term weight management and better health
• I also highlighted some of the benefits of the Isagenix systems and products that my family and I have used for years to optimize our health
As your chiropractor, I have a heart to help you stay healthy. One of the biggest problems with our current health care system is that there is a huge emphasis on treating sick people and very little emphasis on creating healthy people.
Even though my primary way to improve your health is through a chiropractic adjustment and removing interference from your nervous system, I often think about other ways that I can have an influence on your health. My vision for you is to live in bodies that feel great and work optimally, allowing you to do all of the things that make for a fulfilling, happy life.
Thank you to all who attended our intermittent fasting workshop. If you missed last week, let the girls know you would like to attend in the future and we will make sure we notify you and reserve you a seat for our next date.
Yours in Health,
Grace Chiropractic – 1-3230 Monarch Drive – 705-323-9100 – http://gracechiropractic.ca
Upcoming Closures – July 16- July 20
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
Sign up using the form or call 705-323-9100 to make your appointment.
|Monday||7:45am - 11:00am||3:30pm - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||7:45am - 11:00am||Closed|
|Wednesday||Closed||3:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Thursday||7:45am - 11:00am||3:30pm - 6:00pm|
|7:45am - 11:00am||7:45am - 11:00am||Closed||7:45am - 11:00am||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|3:30pm - 6:00pm||Closed||3:00pm - 6:00pm||3:30pm - 6:00pm||Closed||Closed||Closed|
For the first time in 10 years I didn't have a headache when I woke up - after only one adjustment!
Highly recommend Grace Chiropractic. Their approach to chiropractic care is truly life changing. Myself and my family have all been customers of Grace and have had excellent experiences. Since starting my program with Dr. Tim I have experienced significant relief and continue to receive treatments weekly!
I have been seeing Dr. Tim and his team since December 2016. I am grateful for every adjustment I've received. Instead of just treating your current ailment, Dr. Tim goes after the overall health of your spine and nervous system as you will learn at your info session. I came to Dr. Tim with tingling hands and numbness in both my arms, not only has this improved but I'd say by February I was feeling the best I've felt for the past 7 years.....body, mind and soul. And I have my Grace team, my denne roll and the few stretches Dr. Tim has given me to thank for it! So what are you waiting for.....give my Grace family a call today....you will not regret it!!
I have been attending Grace Chiropractic for many years now. Dr Tim was the first chiropractor I saw, and he is is much more than just a chiropractor. Dr Tim and the rest of the office staff are so focused on the well being, mind, body and soul, of each of their patients. You never walk into the office without a warm greeting, and you always leave with an uplifted spirit. Dr Tim not only makes adjustments and corrects any pain, but he gives you the tools to adjust your lifestyle to ensure you are the healthiest version of yourself. I am very grateful to all the staff at Grace Chiropractic!